Sunday 22 November 2009

A beautiful day

A high-ranking local Hasher sent me an SMS a few days ago that read the following" " Now u can go 2 brussels and writh High Cow (Haikus) together with the new Grand Meister of Europe". Signed... Nah I am not going to to tell that it was Richard Kopf who tried to drag me out of Vienna as well as a certain Gentleman (hey Ladies out there, where are you?) dropped me a Mail of the following content " Überschrift in der FT: From Haiku to high office. So, so, der neue EU Präsident Herman Van Rompuy schreibt in seiner Freizeit Haikus! Und er ist ein regelmäßiger Blogger.Da habt ihr ja gleich einige Gemeinsamkeiten. ONON to Vorderhainbach J(oy)S(tick)".
Well, the following needs to be said about these regarded statements: What's wrong with an aesthete being appointed to play the Grand Meister or dare I say Miser of Europe for the next couple years?
Just look at Mr. Van Rompuys Website and judge for yourself if Haikus are a beautiful art form.
I do think that they certainly are. And, after having spoiled some of you through the Vindobona Hash Mail Newsgroup with Haikus of all topics over the last years, here's another example of the beauty that lies within:


I wonder if Mr. Van Rompuy also did some Hashing in his former life when he was the Grand Meister of Belgium. As there is no chance for me to partake in to-days Hash as we're off to see a musical, here is my musical thought of the day, the artist is Herbie Hancock and the album is called Secrets, from 1976.  Nice one, altogether.

bed>


On out, to another Christmas Market in all likelyness.

No comments:

Post a Comment